Sunday, December 22, 2013

MDO Christmas Program!

Whew!!  Last Thursday was a big deal-for me and Turner!!  Part of the reason I was hired at MDO was to direct their first ever Christmas Program.  I am not a singer, nor have I ever done anything to qualify/prepare me for this job.
  Back in October I found a musical for the kids to do and we began practicing.  The past month the kids practiced every day they came.  There were 35 3 and 4 year olds on that stage and it went great!!  Most of these kids aren't from our church and we had tons of family come and watch their precious children.
  Turner was an angel and had a speaking line.  He thrives on the stage and had no problem standing up and remembering his line.  Since I was on the floor directing the kids, I wasn't able to take pictures.  Daddy and Boo Boo were videoing it and Mimi had Harper.  It was a great night.  I was so proud of everyone and the teachers for coming together and pulling this show off!  We had cookies and punch afterwards to celebrate.
  These past few months have had their ups and downs at work but I was blown away last week.  I received so many gifts from the kids and I was not expecting it.  I was also given roses after the show from pur MDO director as a thank you.  It was a great way to end my first semester at MDO.  God has answered many prayers these past few months and that night was affirmation that I am where I am supposed to be for now.  Thankful to have the next two weeks at home with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment