Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Birthday Fun...Not!!

This has been a crazy, sickly, not a lot of fun month!!  I am still trying to count my blessings and remember what all we are thankful for, but this has been a doozy.  We had to cancel several fun activities and a lot of things just didn't get done.  I have just realized it is ok.  We can't do everything all the time.
  Yesterday was my Birthday.  Kevin and Harper were at the ER until 1 am of my birthday.  She is a sick little baby.  She didn't have rsv or flu, but her ear infections were back.  She was running fever, very conjested, throwing up, and breathing very hard.  They came home with an antibiotic and we got a little (very little) sleep.
  By 9 that morning her fever was 103 and she was not any better.  I took her to her Pediatrician and they immediately gave her a breathing treatment.  They took her white blood count to rule out pneumonia and gave her a shot.  Lets just say we will never go back to Saint Francis ER.  They didn't help her at all and I was very frustrated yesterday.  Harper spent the ENTIRE day sleeping in one of our arms.
  Between all of this going on my NEW car had to go back to the dealer to get fixed.  They gave us a loaner car which sold while we had it.  Kev then had to go back to get another loaner which I think we will have till Thursday.  Having a sick baby put things in perspective about the car.  I just really don't care at this point.
  Yesterday afternoon I did take the big kids to Bass Pro with the Gaines.  The plan was to see Santa....an hour or two wait to see him was not part of the plan.  So we didn't see him, but the kids did play games and got out of the house for a bit.
  It was a crazy all around bad day.  But...I am a year older and was able to go to sleep last night with my whole family at home.  I was scared at one point a hospital visit might be possible.  Thankful for my family, our overall health, and the chance that next years birthday will be better:)

No comments:

Post a Comment