Saturday, February 11, 2012

Turner Turns Three!!








Thursday, February 9th, our sweet boy turned 3! It was a busy day. He had MDO and was able to take cookies for a birthday treat. I didn't go all out....at all. Originally I just picked some oreos for him to take to school. Then I decided that was a little bit tacky, so I did a little bit better.....I went back to the store and picked up some cookies from the bakery:) I spent all week preparing for his party that was today, so I didn't stress too much about MDO treats. His class sang to him and his teacher said he had a good day.
Daddy had parent teacher conferences that day so he wasn't home until late. I made the kids spaghetti and got Maddie ready for bball practice. My dad kindly picked her up to take her so Turner and I didn't have to get out. Well.....there wasn't practice that night. But since they were there, Boo Boo ran up and down the court with her for an hour and let her practice anyway. What a sweet Boo Boo we have!! Mimi and Boo Boo had brought Turner's present by earlier to give it to him. He got a new toy chest!!! We all love it!
Megs and Bubba stopped by later with cupcakes, new pj's and swim trunks for the summer. Maddie gave him the movie Dumbo and we gave him some more tools and a truck that shoots balls out ninety to nothing. He had a GREAT day!! The sweetest thing to me about the day was the number of phone call he received. Thursday he spoke to Megs, Mimi, Boo Boo, his daddy, Grandmother Dee Dee, Nonna, Brayden, Sophia, and NAY NAY on the phone. He was a popular little dude and he definitely felt the love.
A big event that happens in our house when you turn 3 is you are allowed to chew gum. Maddie looked forward to her 3rd birthday for a year and is an avid gum chewer today-all sugarless of course:) Turner was excited about being able to chew gum as well. In the past three days he has had two pieces of gum and chewed it for approximately 10 seconds both times. He definitely isn't as impressed as his sister. But it was still fun giving to him when he asked. The days are going fast and I can't believe how big my kiddos are getting!!
Little Man we love you to pieces and our family just wouldn't be the same without you in it-definitely not as exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment