Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Handy Manny Extravaganza!!!


















Today was the big day!!! Let me just tell you what helps make a great party-a great family!!! I have been planning this party for a month and was pretty stressed out most of the week, but it turned out great.

Nonna painted a poster board for the kids to play Pin the screwdriver on Handy Manny's hand-it was precious and the kids had fun playing it.

Mimi made chocolate Handy Manny suckers-they looked great and everyone enjoyed eating them. She also provided chocolate tools to set on the table and some of the serving wear.

Megs made a corn dip and brought chips-the dip was gone and everyone said how great it tasted.

Boo Boo bought the fruit for me and put the ice cream in cupcake holders for me so that I didn't have to. It was great and saved me lots of time.

Mimi and Boo Boo kept both kids for us last night so that we could finish everything up and keep the house clean before the guests arrived!! That was the biggest help of all-thank you!!!

The hubs did a lot of the cleaning up for me and put up with my bad attitude for a week graciously. No one really commented on the house, but would have been impressed if they knew what is normally looked like:)

I think I took care of the rest. We had lots of cupcakes, chocolate covered marshmallows, fruit skewers, fruit in waffle cones, ice cream, hot dogs, and chips. The kids had construction hats with their names on them to wear, colored handy manny pages, played pin the screwdriver on handy manny, and had a saw pinata to break into at the end. We had a full house.

Parties at the house are so much more stressful, but so much more personal and I really do enjoy doing them (especially once they are over:) Turner melted my heart by 3 different times telling me "thank you for my birthday party". I kind of think Mimi encouraged him to tell me but it melted my heart just the same! He received more tools, a bike, art desk, scooter, a beach towel, some imaginex planes, an outfit and build a bear, and a John Deere truck. This kid just doesn't realize how blessed he is with friends and family that love him.

We had so much fun celebrating his day and I am now going to bed!!!

1 comment: