Sunday, November 6, 2011

My FB shopping Reviews:)





Over the past year, I have bought the kids a lot of clothes through facebook. Truth be told, I go to several consignment sales each season and then most everything else is purchased online. I just thought I would share the ones I have bought from and my opinions of them. I am quite aggravated at the moment with one, which is what brought this post on:)


Sweet Baby Tutu: This is the first site I purchased from and bought Maddie a ton of cute summer clothes last January. I have bought her smocked dresses and several shirt or capri sets. I also had several dresses monogrammed for her. The prices here if you purchase offseason are incredible and the clothes are super cute. The only downside I have with them is it has taken a while to receive the clothes in the past. I think I bought Turner one smocked jon jon, but most everything ordered here was for Mo. Sweet Baby Tutu definately introduced me to shopping through facebook, but I have since found several others that I buy from more.


Jetterbugs Monogramming: A big thumbs down for me!!!! This is a local business that had great prices and I went way overboard before seeing anything in person. I ordered Maddie several dresses and Turner a bunch of Jon Jon's for the summer. I was completely disappointed and will never purchase anything from her again. None of Turner's jon jon's would stay buttoned! I even ordered a few in the next size thinking that was the problem-Nope, still wouldn't stay buttoned. Everytime we picked him up after church, it looked like he was wearing a dress!! Several of Maddie's dresses actually came with ink stains on the front of them!! I contacted her about it and she told me I could send it back and she would try to get it out for me! I would never purchase a dress from a consignment sale with an ink stain on it, much less pay full price for it!


She has switched manufacturers and hopefully the issues have been resolved, but I just had too many problems to do business with her again.



This and That for Kids: A great company. I haven't ordered much from them, but everything I have has been shipped super quick and been really adorable. Turner's monogrammed football shirt with the blue gingham pants came from here. I think I paid $25 for the outfit and had it within a week. I definately like doing business with this company!


Smocked Tots: This is the site that made me think of doing this post. I have gotten a few cute things from them. One of Maddie's outfits for disneyworld came from here and it is super cute. I did though have to beg her to send me an invoice so that I could pay for it! I ordered two appliqued Turkey shirts back in August for the kids to wear. 4 months ago and I still do not have these shirts. She has been given a ton of grief on her site lately because so many people are waiting on their clothes. These shirts have been shipping out for over a month according to her. I have emailed her several times and get no response and no tracking number has been sent either. I am now just trying to get my money back. Thanksgiving is 3 weeks away and we will be in Disney for a week of that time. Since then I have ordered two other thanksgiving sets for the kiddos and they have already come in. I will definately never purchase from her again and wouldn't recommend her to anyone!!


Freshly Picked: I think this is a smaller site compared to some of these others, but I have been very pleased! I have ordered several things-the preorders took a bit longer than they had originally said, but I still had plenty of time to let the kids to wear them. I will keep buying from them in the future.


Smockadot Kids: Oh my gosh, this is my favorite store for children's clothing!!!! They have sales every night during the week and I wish I could afford everything. The kids outfits in the picture above is smockadots. They are reasonable, the sizing is perfect for my two, and they have always shipped out when they say they will!!! I heart smockadot kids and will continue buying from them in the future.


OK, totally a boring post I know!! But I might appreciate having written all this down one day:)

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I came across your post on reviews when looking at reviews for other southern clothing for my daughter. I love Smockadot too. However, I have found one (and you may already know about them) that is a little less expensive and the quality is WONDERFUL! They are called. Lolly Wolly Doodle (on Facebook). Check them out!

    ReplyDelete