Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Head Start!





Last weekend we decided to get a head start on decorating for Christmas. We knew we were heading to Savannah for Thanksgiving, so we pulled the tree down last Sunday. Kevin is in charge of getting it down and setting it up....then the kids and I take over. Or I should say Maddie and I took over. I think Turner put one ornament on the tree and then moved onto something else:) I love looking on pinterest and facebook and seeing everyone's beautiful tree. I don't know if I am just not creative enough or don't have the energy to make ours look magnificent. We have collected so many random ornaments since we have been married and started having kids, that our tree is just a hodge podge of different memories. It is also fun to just let Maddie put the ornaments wherever she likes and not worry about it. Maybe when the kids get older, I will get me a fancy tree, but for the next few years.....what you see is what you get!!! And I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!


The tree is all we have done and I hope to add the rest of the decorations over the next few days. We have been going strong for the past week and I hope to have some downtime. I did buy a 4 foot tree to put in the kids toy room and put that up Monday when they weren't home. Maddie liked it and Turner keeps bringing me the ornaments:)

No comments:

Post a Comment