Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Delta Fair 2011!






















This past weekend was Labor Day weekend and we enjoyed having daddy home for 3 days!! Maddie was so thrilled to spend lots of time with her daddy. We had a picnic at church, had the family over Monday for a cook out, but the highlight for the kiddos was going to the fair. They are at a great age where both kids enjoyed all the rides, food, and magic show. Megs and Bubba joined us and it was nice to have extra eyes and hands. The fair was crowded!! One thing they didn't love was watching their Daddy, Megs, and Bubba participate in a hypnotist show. I mean REALLY!!


We had gotten food and went inside a tent to eat. About that time a hypnotist comes out ready for his show. He asks for volunteers.....Kev looks at me and says he has always wanted to be hypnotized. (I have no idea how to spell that-no way looks right to me) So off Kevin goes to the stage. Well, the guy needs more volunteers. All of a sudden Megs and Bubba are throwing their things at me and jumping over tables to get to the stage. (a slight exaggeration, but only slight!) This leaves me alone.....with a bunch of phones, wallets, food, a stroller and.....2 screaming children!!!! They were not thrilled to have everyone take off, and they were not thrilled to sit through a boring 45 show. I was doing everything I could to make Turner quit screaming and nothing worked. He was mad.....by the time our family returned, I was too!! Nobody was hypnotized, it was pretty much a joke, and we were glad when it was over!


Maddie and Turner both rode a ton of rides and loved all of them, except a mini roller coaster that had Maddie crying as soon as it began:( She was very adventurous though, and tried every ride that she could. The kiddo's enjoyed some ice cream, chicken tenders and fries, and cotton candy. I had some yummy lemonade and a steak quesadilla. Kevin munched on some barbeque nachos. My favorite part of the fair has always been the food!! We overall had a great time and gave us a glimpse of what Disneyworld might be like in a few months. We are very excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment