Friday, September 16, 2011

Last Weekend!

















Before I get to last weekend, I want to comment on this week. It wasn't a great one-this has been the first week since I have been home that I actually kind of missed work. Kevin is never home and the kids were a complete handful! Turner was constantly in trouble and throwing tantrums. It is exhausting. I think every night I prayed for the next day to be better-I need more patience and I have to figure out what works best in ways of disciplining Turner. Maddie had a pretty good week, but had a few meltdowns of her own. I have been negative this week and seriously doubting my parenting skills. Fast forward to tonight and all is well in the Wilkes world. We had a GREAT night. Kevin went to his football game and the kids and I made cupcakes, took some to Mimi and Boo Boo, and then came home to put in a movie and watch it on the floor with a bunch of blankets. Turner said "I love you morer than the sky" and Maddie told me she loved at least ten times! I got a glimpse of the sweet children I know we have, and hope to leave this past week far behind. We all definately feed off each other and I think my final attitude improvement.....improved theirs!!!! Praise the Lord!! We are a work in progress and tonight I am again counting my blessings for being able to be home!


So.....back to last weekend-FUN FUN!!! We had Maddie's first soccer game and quite the cheering squad. Meg's, Mimi, Boo Boo, Nonna, Da, Brayden, and Kevin all were there. It was the first time for Daddy to watch the game and he was super excited to see her play! She did so good, and got so tired!! She played most of the game and you could tell she was wearing down. They don't keep score, but the other team scored a ton of goals. Our little group was a little intimidated and wasn't really sure about getting in there and going after the ball. But, they had fun and that is all we want:)


After the game, we headed to the zoo with Nonna, Da, Brayden, and Megs. We have been wanting to all go for a while and it was the perfect weekend to go. The kids had a great time and we stayed for 4 hours. When we got home, we were exhausted. I feel like it was a trial run for Disney, and we are going to be TIRED by the end of that trip.


It was a great day and I want to thank Nonna and Da for coming to watch the game and spending the day with us. It was their wedding anniversary and we appreciate you spending it with us!! Happy Anniversary!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment