Friday, February 4, 2011

Party Sneak Peak!




Little man is turning 2 next week!!! Very hard to believe! We are having his party in the morning and decided to do his favorite thing-we are having a cooking party....at our house.....which has caused me unbelievable amounts of stress!

Let me start by saying this has been a crazy, very out of the ordinary week. My last post was about Maddie and her asthma attack last weekend. Well, Monday night, which was month end and means I have to work till close, Maddie broke out in hives. Kevin called me about 7:30 and we decided to take her to Lebonheur urgent care to get her checked out. By the time we got there, the benadryl had kicked in and most of rash was gone. It came back at 2 am, then again at 6 am, then again at 6 pm, and on and on for a few days. We went to our pediatrician to be checked out again and think it was a reaction to the steroid she was taking. Maddie missed school both days this week and stayed home from Ney Ney's on Tuesday. Mimi was a HUGE help this week and watched Maddie everyday. The end/beginning of the month is a hard time for me to miss work.

Another difference in our week was that instead of going to work, Kevin had jury duty, EVERY single day. He was selected to be a juror for a case that just ended at 6 pm tonight. So...our schedule has been off, Maddie has been sick, and we are giving our special boy a birthday party at our house in the morning. Which meant that a lot of cleaning and decorating had to be done. I have been such a wreck about it, I actually took Thursday off from work and took the kids both yesterday and today to Ney Ney's. Mimi and Boo Boo are also keeping the kids tonight so that they don't have a chance to destroy everything. As I am reading this, it sounds pitiful that it is so much work for me to get the house ready for a party. But it is, judge me if you want, house keeping is definately not one of my stronger points:)

Back to the birthday party-there will be pizza making, chef hat decorating, ice cream sundaes made with the kiddo's favorite treats, and hopefully fun for everyone. I plan on taking a bunch of pictures and posting more tomorrow. I do have a picture to share of our mantle and his invite. We can't wait to celebrate our little man turning 2!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it and we can't wait till tomorrow to celebrate that special little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, you did a great job. Everything was super cute and tons of fun! Oh, the things we go through for our kiddos! Hope you are getting some rest now.

    ReplyDelete