Sunday, February 6, 2011

Turner's Chef Party












We had a great day celebrating Turner's 2nd Birthday!!! All the work and planning was well worth it and I think everyone had a good time. We had a full house and the kids made pizza's, although I don't think very many of them actually ate them when they were done:) They decorated their chef hats, though few actually wore them, and they made their own sundaes which I do think were eaten once finished. Turner participated in everything and ran around with his little buddies the rest of the time. Maddie enjoyed herself, and I feel like I was actually able to visit a little bit as well. Turner received lots of great gifts and we have been playing hard the past 24 hours! Maddie also received happy's from Kelly and Ney Ney. It made her feel special as well and I love my friends thoughtfulness!!

We had Little Ceasar's for the adults, fruit, buffalo chicken dip, drinks, and cupcakes galore. I think I made 4 dozen cupcakes and we had four or five left after everyone left. I made some hamburger cupcakes (thanks to Ney Ney for telling me how) and was excited with how they turned out. We kept it pretty simple, just decorating the food table and using the mantle to hang all the aprons. Each child went home with their apron, decorated hat, and a balloon if we thought about it as they were leaving:)

Thank you family, thank you friends for coming to help us celebrate Turner's birthday. I can't believe Turner will be two on Wednesday! He has his 2 year check up on Wednesday and I will let you know how it goes. I do know that little man is quite the heavy man and I can't wait to see what percentile he is in with height and weight. I plan on taking some kind of treat for him to share with his friends that day to Ney Ney's. We also have a gift to give him on Wednesday, so I will be sure to take pictures of that. It has been a busy tiring weekend, so I will be heading to bed shortly. I do have one more post to add though:)
My pictures are a little out of order, but I don't know how to fix it without starting over, so this will have to do:)

No comments:

Post a Comment