Friday, February 11, 2011

Turner turned 2-during a snowstorm!








Turner's birthday was Wednesday-he is officially a 2 year old! He was a sick 2 year old, not sure how much he really enjoyed his day. I had scheduled his 2 year well check for Wednesday and ended up having Kevin take him on Tuesday for his cough and runny nose. He is on a 20 day antibiotic and was given a prescription cough medicine that has worked wonders! I am so glad we took him early because he did get a shot and his finger pricked!! (I was told no shots at two, which is the only reason I had scheduled on his actual bday!)

We gave him a Cars ball pit, which I think Maddie enjoys more than he does. I made him a cinnamon swirl cake and we spent the day at home. It started snowing around lunch and Maddie and Kevin got out of school early. We let Maddie play outside for a little bit but kept Turner in since he was sick. Once she came in, we fixed hot chocolate and got cozy in our pj's. All in all, it was a good day, I just wish little man had felt a little better.

I can't believe he is already 2! He is the biggest cooker I have ever seen and prefers his momma over anyone!! He still goes through phases with sleeping in his bed through the night but has gotten much better. He goes to sleep on his own between 7:30 and 8 and is usually ready to go by 5:30 or 6 in the morning. I will highlight a few of Turner's happenings:

-His favorite phrases are "I want to hold you for a minute" (pick me up now), "guess what", "come here", and "I want to watch Super Why"

-He can count to 10 and sing some of the ABC's

-He loves to sing Itsy Bitsy Spider, I love you (barney song), and Jesus loves me.

-He likes when daddy gets his nose and throws his back at him.

-He loves to take a bath and run around naked afterwards while I run after him to put a diaper on.

-His favorite foods are spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, and pizza.

-He insists on watching me cook and cooks himself throughout the day. He knows his daddy doesn't like mustard and enjoys getting his mustard bottle and giving it to him.

-He still has a hard time being dropped off at the nursery at church. He does ok on Sunday's but we have a terrible time leaving him on Wednesdays.

-He is just the most lovable huggable little guy ever!!

-He likes routine. He is quite capable of throwing a huge fit if things don't go how we wants them to. They are not fun and leave me quite exhausted once they are over.

-He likes books and being read to with Maddie.

-He loves his sister....most of the time. They usually play really well together.

We love him....to pieces....and can't believe that he is now 2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment