Saturday, July 17, 2010

Weekend Review-no pictures (yet)!!

It is only Saturday but we have had a busy two days! Friday was the end of Vacation Bible School at church and the kids + Kevin had a blast. Kevin was recruited to work in the gym all week and although was tired, I think he had a good time. While jealous, I am so glad that he is at home with the kids during the summer and able to help out at church when needed. For the end of VBS there was a mechanical bull and horses for the kids to ride. I think Maddie rode a horse three times. She loves and we are hoping to let her go horseback walking when we go to Kentucky this coming week! I was off work yesterday but stayed at home to work on the kids clothes for Kidstown. I always buy quite a bit of their clothes at that sale and try to make some money by selling their stuff from the past season. After VBS I met the family along with several friends from church at Stevie B's for lunch. We all love eating there and Maddie and the kids were able to play some games after lunch. We came home, put Turner to bed, and Maddie and I hit the pool. We swam for about an hour and she never once put on her floaties. She did a great job!!

When we came in, I had a text message from my cousin Em. She and Ellie were in town and wanted to get together. I was thrilled!!! They came over for a short visit and it was great seeing them both! I haven't seen Ellie since Easter and she has grown so much in 3 months. Maddie was a little momma hen and wanted her to sit in her lap the whole time. Mimi and Megs came over as well and had a good time. I took some pictures with my camera but didn't realize till the end that my memory card was upstairs. So, in order to download the pics I have to find my USB cord and it is missing at the moment. I will post pictures from the afternoon as soon as it shows up!! My kids started melting towards the end of the visit, giving Em a glimpse of what life might be like for her in another year of so. Ellie seems to be a pretty laid back chick though so maybe not:) I am so glad that our kids are close in age and hope that they grow up knowing each other pretty well!!

That brings us to today. It was hair cut day for the Wilkes family. Kevin and Turner had their hair cut this morning and Maddie and I spent the afternoon with Margaret getting ours done. We were there for 2 hours and Maddie does so well when we go. We pack a snack, Leapster, and colors, and she is set. Everyone was telling her how pretty her hair was and she was just eating it up. I love having a daughter and knowing that we can do all the "girly" things together, while Kevin has a little buddy at home to do the same. (except they can do "little man" stuff:) We decided to try IHOP for dinner and then were going to go to Chuck E Cheese to play games. Well, we made it to IHOP and then headed home. When Turner wants something, he doesn't point or politely say please, he SCREAMS at the top of his lungs. It is embarrassing and it happened tonight-a lot! Maddie also was being quite the sensitive one, and cried several times. Not such an enjoyable dinner and reminded us again why eating out just isn't fun. We decided it was time to go home and get ready for bed. So....for the most past we have had a good weekend and the kids are sleeping soundly. We have church tomorrow and Maddie and I are going to a baby shower tomorrow afternoon. Fun Times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment