Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend!















I feel like we just took a mini vacation. As far back as I can remember, I have never spent the 4th of July in Savannah. It has never fallen where we could go for more than a day or so, so we have always stayed home. This year we went on Thursday afternoon and didn't come back until yesterday!! I missed spending the fourth with my family, but we try to even things out with both sides and do the best we can!

We had a great time. We went swimming for four days straight, went to the river with Jon, Ashley, and their kids, had a big cookout with the whole family at Nonna and Da's, did fireworks both Saturday and Sunday night, and were able to really visit. I actually slept till at least 8:30 every morning and did NOT enjoy waking up at 5:30 this morning to go to work!! I was so upset when I realized half way there that I had forgotten my camera at home. Nonna came to the rescue and took a bunch of pictures over the weekend that I uploaded to facebook and then saved on my computer at home.

A few highlights of the weekend...we had Maddie swimming in Marci's pool without wearing her floaties!!!! I know that she can do it, but doesn't feel comfortable unless she can touch the bottom. Marci's shallow end is 3 feet so she was able to practice and both she and Brayden did great! I was very proud of them. Turner took his first trip to the river and had a great time. He sat in the sand by the water and dug with a shovel just about the whole time. That is what Maddie did last year, but this year she swam in the water the whole time. It is amazing what a difference a year will make. Maddie and Turner both hit records for how long they slept in the morning. Monday morning Maddie slept until 9!!! She was utterly exhausted. Turner slept until 7:30 and Nonna thought he would have slept longer if she hadn't gotten up and moved around.

The kids loved playing with their cousins and I am so glad we were able to go, relax, and spend time with everyone in Savannah. When we got back to Memphis yesterday afternoon we went to my parents house for dinner with Megs and Davids. Since Maddie spent 4 days at Nonna's, she was ready to spend 4 days at Mimi's. We let her spend the night there last night but have both kids in their own beds tonight snoozing away. It was a great weekend!!! We are so blessed to have such a great loving family!!! Here are just a few pictures from the weekend in absolutely no order whatsoever:)

No comments:

Post a Comment