Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Time of Thanksgiving!





What a busy past few days we have had. We started off the Thanksgiving holiday by going to Savannah for a few days and spending time with Wilkes/Lawson clan. The whole family came to Nonna and Da's for a Thanksgiving feast. There was much to be thankful for. The house was full of children, the grandparents were all there, and Kevin's cousin Brittany (I don't know that I ever spell her name right-sorry) was just accepted to OT school in Florida. It was great to be able to visit with everyone and the kids had a blast. That morning we took our kids and Jon and Ashley's to have their picture made together. Getting 6 kids to smile at the same time and to all be looking at the camera might be close to impossible. I think there was a good one or two out of the 20 she took though:)
Friday was a new experience for me-Black Friday shopping. It is the first year I had ever gone and might be the last. It wasn't terrible, but waking up at 4 am on my own and not due to the kids, isn't something I plan on doing often. Pam, Ashley, and I loaded up in the van and were at Walmart by 4:45. About $1300 between us and an hour later, we were back in the van. It was Crazy! We each got most of what we had come for, so that was definately a plus. I can't imagine doing it in Memphis though. I will be a proud new owner of a Cricut come my birthday:)
Friday afternoon we loaded up the kids and headed back home. We had another Thanksgiving Brunch on Saturday with my family. We were able to spend the morning with my parents, Megs, and David. Again, there was a lot to be thankful for. My dad, who had surgery a month ago, is alive and well, looking better every day. That is what I am most thankful for this year. We have found Karsey a new home, buried both of my grandmothers this year, and still we are so blessed. The sermon at church today was all about Heaven and we recognized those that have gone before us in the past year or so. It was a perfect ending to this Thanksgiving season, and it comforts me to know that we will see those that we love again one day. I pray that all of our family has accepted Christ as their saviour daily, so that they have the same reassurance that I do.
On a discovery note-Turner tried for the first time-real sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and cheese grits. I will have to say-Boo Boo couldn't shovel the grits in his mouth fast enough. He would clench his fist and scream in between every bite. His face is pretty broken out today. So...that worries me as far as food allergies go, but we will see how the next few days go and stick to baby food.
Thank you family and friends for always loving and supporting us!! We are better because of you and we love you all more than words could ever express! I have posted some pics from the past few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment