Saturday, August 22, 2009

Turner's 6 month Doctor Visit!


Thursday I took Turner for his 6 month check up and shots. He did so well! As soon as we got back there I undressed him so they could measure and weigh him. I talk to Dr. Scott everytime we go about his spitting up and this time we were able to demonstrate it. Turner was spitting up on the way to get weighed, on the way back to the room and the whole time we were there. The poor nurses were cleaning up the floor behind us, changing the sheet on the exam table, and handing me tissues to clean up myself. I told them that I have been telling the doctor about this little problem he has-the whole time Turner is smiling! He weighed in at 17 1/2 lbs (50%), is 27 1/4 inches long (75%), and his head was 42 1/2 inches around (25%). Dr. Scott is wasn't how big his head is that matters, but how he uses it:) We are now supposed to be giving him oatmeal at breakfast, a fruit and vegetable at lunch, and a meat and vegetable at dinner. That is a lot more than what we have been doing, so I am anxious to see if this helps with his sleeping at night. He is right on target as far as accomplishments as well. He is sitting up on his own, grabbing things and transferring them from hand to hand, and talking all the time. His favorite thing to say his "Da Da" and to growl.
He is just starting to get up on all fours and is rocking back and forth. I think he will be crawling very soon-I don't know if I am ready for that. He will grab his burp cloth and put it in front of his face and throw it down and smile. He loves to play peek a boo and his dad can really get him to laughing. He will sometimes fight sleep at naptime, but is always quick to go to bed at night. He is such a good happy baby! I am so mad at myself because I left my camera at home for his doctors visit. But here is a picture that was taken a few days before. Check out his abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment