Tuesday, August 4, 2009

DORA LIVE





A few weeks ago I bought tickets for us to take Maddie to see Dora Live at the Orpheum. It was a rather expensive outing for us and I was so nervous that she would get bored, not enjoy it, and then it would be a waste of money. I was so, so wrong. My parents kept Turner for the night so it was quality time spent just with Maddie. She was so excited on the way there. She had never been downtown before and couldn't get enough of the horses and carriage rides. We are going to have to go back as a family and do that one night.
When we first got there, we ordered a few drinks and got Maddie a snack (sour patch candy). I knew if nothing else, the candy would keep her entertained for a little while. Then before we sat down, there were Dora and Diego souvenirs to choose from-I had to let her pick something out. So, for $15 we got a spinner that lights up and has Dora on it. Then we went to sit down. Let me tell you-I really showed my tail and am so embarrased about it now. I am not familiar with the seating at the Orpheum. So when I was buying our tickets, I was going off what the girl told me. We bought the most expensive tickets they had, which apparently can get you seats on the first row or in the balcony. Our seats were D201-D203. So down the middle aisle we go to the 4th row. We were all excited, because they were great seats! Kevin runs to the restroom, and of course while he is gone, a lady comes and tells me that we are in her seat. We have 3 people that work there looking at our tickets and I politely show her that mine say D201-203. I tell her that she must be in the wrong section, and is probably up in the balcony. Well-after discussing this for a few minutes, I am told that we are in the wrong seats and needs to go up the stairs, blah, blah, blah. I could not believe how snobby I had acted to this woman when all along it was us who needed to go to a "different section". Needless to say, our seats were still fine, but it would have been so much better if that family had never shown up:)

Once we got settled, it didn't take long for the show to begin. It lasted about an hour and a half and had an intermission half-way through. Maddie did great and really enjoyed herself. I don't think she ever took her eyes off the stage and she and her daddy sang right along with the songs. I was quite surprised at just how much Kevin enjoyed himself-he really is just a big kid, which I think is part of the reason he does so well with Maddie and Turner. It was a great show and I am so glad that we went. We decided to get something to eat on the way home and stopped at Perkins. There was a lady there painting faces and Maddie had Elmo painted on her hand. She also got a balloon on our way out. It was great quality time spent with her and we all had a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment