Saturday, November 21, 2015

Kick Off the Season Party!

Last Saturday we headed to the gym to see the new competition leos and it was big/little sister reveal.  Mo was so excited and was really hoping to be a little sister again.   She got her wish and actually got Tori, who happened to be her big Sis 2 years ago.  They are on the same team this year so it worked out great.  They love each other and will be at the same meets, which makes delivering happies easy.
  We love all their new gear and are ready for the season.  It will be a nice distraction from radiation and the kids love the out of town trips.  Let me tell you how sweet and the supportive the gym has been to our family-
  A few weeks ago Erica (manager/head coach) asked me to share my story with her.  Since it was Breast Cancer Awareness month I just assumed she would send out an email telling my story.  Well, at the beginning of the party, she called me out on the floor.  They had told everyone my story and people brought in gifts/gift cards that went in a huge gift bag.  I was floored!  The coaches also gave me a pretty survivors bracelet and we got a $175 gift certificate to the gym.  We were so surprised and so touched.  I think keeping things normal for the kids these past 6 months has really helped them and Mo is always ready to head to the gym.  She is loved there and she loves all the girls and coaches.  River City really blessed us and we are proud to be a part of the gym.
  When it was over, we headed to IHOP for dinner.  Turner loves that place!  It was a sweet night.

No comments:

Post a Comment