Sunday, November 8, 2015

A Little Recap!

Last Monday was my 2nd to last treatment....which means tomorrow is it!!  I will be reclaiming my Mondays.  God has been so good to me throughout this, and I feel like I have made it through the 16 rounds and am in the same shape as when I began....minus the hair, plus a few pounds, and MINUS the cancer!  I will take it.  But back to last Monday-dad went with me and I saw Dr. Tauer.  We just love him and dad snapped our picture together at the end of the appointment.  I will see him again before surgery to make sure my numbers are climbing back up.  They were actually pretty good already.  He was really pleased with how I have done.  What can I say, I am a model cancer patient:)
  Then onto the Chemo room.  The food truck that was there was Grilled Cheese Gourmet.  Oh my goodness!!  We both enjoyed a pimento cheese with bacon on sourdough bread.  It was delicious!!!  Then I immediately took a nap.  Once we were done we headed home.  Mimi had spent the day keeping Harper and ate lunch with both kids at Oak.  She had a busy day while I ate and napped!
  It was a pretty easy low key week.  We spent lots of time at home. Tuesday we had everyone over for dinner and I didn't take a single picture.  The kids had fun playing though. Thursday I picked up 40 lbs of chicken from Zaycon.  That is a lot of chicken...but it was a deal.  So I spend the next 2 hours cutting, dividing, and making about 10 freezer meals.  It will be great for Kevin in December after my surgery.  I even shared a bit with my parents and sister!
  Friday Kev had to go to Nashville for football.  My dad kindly offered to sit with the kids while my mom and I shopped at Goodwill.  I am happy to report I got 5 shirts and a dress for $26.  Score!  We were going to all go to dinner and were hungry when we pulled up to the house.  Maddie was standing in the doorway looking pretty unhappy, Turner had tears in his eyes, and Boo Boo was sitting on the couch looking a bit....frustrated perhaps.
  You ever heard of the toy Bunchems?  I will post a pic of the box so you know to never buy them.  They are the devil.  Turner decided to grab a handful (about 40 of them) and put them in H's hair.  About 2 hours, conditioner, vegetable oil, scissors, and lots of "ouchies" later, we got them all out.  Not fun!  Boo Boo even had his birthday cancelled by Turner in the process.  But all is well now.  H's hair doesn't look terrible and we enjoyed Sonic at 8 that night.  Whew...Kev missed a fun one!!
  Tomorrow is the big day and I will share more then!  Also, my hair is starting to grow back!  It is looking a little gray, but I will take it.  I am going to start sharing pics to see how quickly it grows back.  I will be excited to retire my hats:)

No comments:

Post a Comment