Saturday, November 15, 2014

Random...

Things I want to remember-
  Harper has always had a paci at nap/night but didn't take it a whole lot during the day.  I knew time was coming to give it up and was dreading it.  2 weeks ago we couldn't find one before school so we went without.  I told Dotta if it caused two much problem at nap to text me and I would run to the store.  She needed a little extra patting but went to sleep fine.  That night she asked for it, I told her it was gone, and that was that.  Unbelievable!!  Since then, she has found 2 around the house and I quickly took them away.  Every now and then she will say "paci" and throw her hands in the air.  So thankful for her easy going spirit.
  She is 20 months old today and talks up a storm, is a puzzle queen, and insists on buckling herself in her car seat.  She wants to put her socks and shoes on herself and put her on diaper on.  Since that is near impossible, changing her diaper is sometimes a challenge:)  She likes fixing her own hair and is very independent.  Both our girls are that way, and Turner still has me dress him and wants me to wipe his bottom when he poops.  So funny!
  Maddie is reading up a storm.  Last year she had the most AR points in her class at the end of the year-117.  It is only November and she already has 102 points for this year.  She read a 150 page book in 2 days that was almost a 6th grade reading level.  She made an 80 on the test.  I was impressed and love her enthusiasm and determination for school.  We went to the library today and spent forever deciding which books to check out.  On the way home, she threw a fit that I had to stop and get gas.  I was not impressed.  That girl must learn soon the world doesn't revolve around her.  She is happy as long as we are doing what she wants.  Life at 8 is hard.  Being a mom to an 8 year old is even harder!
  I took Turner to Michael's this morning to paint a reindeer.  It turned out precious and I am so glad we went.  They have crafts every Saturday till Christmas and it only cost $2 to participate.  He starts playing basketball next Tuesday and I am anxious to see if he enjoys it.  I have been working hard to eliminate sugar from the kids diet and can tell a huge difference in Turner.  He is much calmer.  He does great while in school and has lots of energy to burn once he gets home.  It had gotten a little insane, or at least I felt like I was going insane!  Our family just wouldn't be the same without our boy in the mix.
  Parenting is hard....doing it times 3 sometimes is more than I can handle.  We make lots of mistakes.  The kids make lots of mistakes. I go to bed at times feeling like the worst mom in the world.   But then I remember his mercies are new every morning.  God gave us Maddie, Turner, and Harper to love and raise and what a blessing they are to us.  I am so very thankful for the responsibility and am honored to be their mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment