Thursday, October 30, 2014

Picking and Painting Pumpkins!

This time of year proves to be a season of traditions.  My parents have always made fun of me saying that my favorite holiday was whichever one was next.  I LOVE them all.  I loved them as a child, and I really love them now that I have children on my own.  I am a pretty routine person and usually am slow in adapting to change.  These next few months we will be doing things we have done since Maddie was a baby.  The best part is the kids remember them and look forward to doing them.
  In preparing for Halloween, we always go to the same pumpkin patch, ride the same little train, and pick out pumpkins to carve and paint.  I usually take them by myself because the coach is always at practice this time of year.  This year was no different except Harper was old enough to join in the fun.
  The kids roamed through the patch and we bought 2 to carve and three little ones to paint.  It was great except Harper threw a few small fits about pushing the wagon you use to carry the pumpkins.  Or maybe a big fit that had me carrying her kicking and screaming to the car:)
  A few days later they all sat around the table and painted their pumpkins.  They all enjoyed it and I pray we do this for many more years.  Maddie is growing up before our eyes.  Hard to believe our girl will be 8 on Sunday!!  The carving is something always done with daddy and they did that as well.  I didn't take pictures but this was the first year M and T carved their own.  They turned out well.  Looking forward to the Fall festival at church tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment