Monday, July 14, 2014

Reality at the Zoo!

Last Friday we met London and Cade at the zoo.  The weather was great and it wasnt too crowded.  The kids loved feeding the birds and going in the Animals of the Night house.
  Not gonna lie....the past few weeks have been hard with the kids.  Maddie and Turner are not doing great in the minding department and have been fighting a lot with each other.  It makes the days long and not a lot of fun.  We all need an attitude change and I definitely include myself in that statement.  I get very frustrated and could handle most situations better than what I do.  That being said, the zoo was fun but none of us were at our best.  At one point London said "my mom said we were being good today".  Maybe she was thankful they weren't acting like mine.
  Regardless, they are our kids and we love them with everything we have in us.  We make lots of mistakes as do they.  They are sinners just like us.  So very thankful for God's mercy and grace.  Working on showing more of that myself towards them.  I hear parenting only gets harder....I cant imagine. 
  Harper was on this adventure as well, just hasn't made it to the talking back or arguing stage yet.  I know her day is coming:)

No comments:

Post a Comment