Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend Part 1!!

Blessed, Blessed, Blessed!!!!  Thankful for our Risen Savior and everything that this past weekend represents!!  We had a great weekend as a family.  Saturday afternoon we colored eggs.  We put Harper in her bouncer on top of the table so she could watch the big kids at work:)  They always have fun doing this and they turned out pretty cute.  We also made sugar cookies to leave the Easter bunny along with his carrots.  Who doesn't like cookies, right?  We read the Easter Story before bed and turned out the lights early Saturday night.....didn't want the Easter bunny to skip our house:)
  Sunday morning Harper woke up at 5:30 to eat, so I decided to wake the kids up when she was done.  We were going to Church for the first time with Harper and I knew it would take a while to get everyone ready.  I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to check out their stuff, find the eggs the bunny hid in the house (weather was gross this year), and get out the door for Sunday school.  I woke Daddy up and he got the video camera ready and  he went ahead of us.  Harper was snoozing but I scooped her up and the kids ran into the kitchen.  I will be the first to admit that the Easter bunny went nuts this year....well every year really!  My love language is definitely gifts and I love giving them just as much as receiving them.  The kids were thrilled with all their loot.  They both got a movie, a personalized beach towel, a tooth pillow, and candy.  Maddie got a camping set for McKenna, and a microphone, and Turner got a talking microscope and a tub of animals.  Harper wasn't left out and got a play mat and several teething toys and doll.
  They ran through the house and found all the eggs and it was time to get ready for church.  We actually made it pretty much on time and the kiddos matched and looked pretty sweet in their Easter outfits.  Harper was introduced at Church and did great through the service.  She is a bit of a grunter, but other than that she stayed pretty quiet:)  After church we headed to Mimi and Boo Boo's for a big lunch.  The flash on my camera went out yesterday morning:(  I have to either get it fixed quick or buy a new camera.  This new momma of 3 refuses to go very long without a working camera!  But, I did manage to get some pics with my phone, so that will be my next post!!























No comments:

Post a Comment