Thursday, November 1, 2012

We're Having A......






BABY:)  That's right-it may look slightly alien like, but we were told today it is a very healthy and active baby!  As far as the sex.....I stuck to my guns and we didn't find out.  I was worried that we might see something or be able to tell ourselves, but our ultrasound tech was great.  About half-way through, I asked her if she knew the sex yet.  She said she did, and Kevin and I had totally missed it.  I am so glad!!  It is going to be the best surprise.  She didn't even write it in our chart, so not even the doctor knows.  Which means no one will be able to let it slip while we are in the hospital.  We took the kids with us today and they didn't enjoy it as much as I thought they would.  Maddie's favorite part was watching me get the flu shot:)  The baby was very wiggly and it was hard to be able to tell too much.  I was hoping for a 4D picture, but she said the baby wasn't in a good position to get one:(  I have another ultrasound at my next appointment and I hope that she can do it then!
  Because the baby was so active and I think she used the word "stubborn", Kevin and I are both thinking it is a boy.  It just reminds us of Turner and how he was in my belly and still today!!  The placenta is in the front which is keeping me from being able to feel the baby a whole lot, which is how it was for Turner as well.  Believe me, once the baby gets bigger, I will have no problems feeling it if Turner is any indication.  That boy was all over the place towards the end.  Maddie and Turner both have always referred to the baby as a "she", but I think a lot of that is just having Aubry around and always talking about her.
  We don't care what the baby is as long as it is healthy!  I do plan on doing yellow and gray for the bedding, which I love and think will go either way.  Still trying to decide where everyone is going to sleep and how we are going to do rooms.  Some changes have to be made, and I hope to have it all figured out soon!  It is a  huge stressor for me and I can't wait to have everything figured out and settled.  Only a few more months to go, and with all the holidays coming up, I know it is going to be here before we know it!

1 comment:

  1. Girl...you are such a strong person to be able to let it be a surprise!! It will be fun at the delivery with all of the suspicion. I was doing all kinds of crazy stuff with both of my pregnancies trying to figure out what they were before the ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete