Friday, March 4, 2011

A Nurse, a Cowgirl, and Big Boy Haircut!








I am having to make myself sit up here and update this blog. While I enjoy blogging, it can be overwhelming when you get behind. I think it has been two weeks since I last posted anything, so this will be a quick rundown of what's been going in the Wilke's world.

I don't get sick very often. I really don't remember being sick since Turner has been born. Last week I was sick-had pink eye in both eyes and tonsilitis. I had never had pink eye before and pray that I never get it again. What I didn't think was a big deal at all, made for a very long week for me. I rarely go anywhere without eye makeup. My coworkers looked at me like I was dying-it wasn't a pretty sight!!! I missed a lot of last week and Nonna ended up keeping the kids for us last weekend so I could rest and get better! Thank you Nonna for making things so much easier on us! That being said, last week is a blur to me and I definately wasn't snapping any pictures!

That brings us to this week-crazy, busy, but good! Monday was month end so I had to work late. I hate when month end falls on a Monday because it usually makes for a long week. We were so busy though it just flew by. Wednesday was Community Helper day in Maddie's class and she chose to dress up as a Nurse, which is what she wants to be when she grows up:) (for the moment) I founs her a cute outfit at Toys r Us and Mimi and I were able to sit in her class and watch everyone talk about who they were. I am so thankful my job allows me to be involved in her school!

Maddie had a choir program Thursday night that we had to dress her up like a cowgirl and decorate a guitar. She needed the guitar finished for practice on Wednesday. Well, being sick last week put me a little behind. After Wednesday Maddie and I went straight to Mimi's to get her done. Since purple is Maddie's favorite color, that is what we did. It was one cute purple guitar:) We went to church Wednesday night, I started a new Bible Study, and Maddie had one last practice before showtime.

Last night was the performance. So So funny-my pretty energetic child just stood there, refused to smile or dance, and did little singing. I don't think the stage is for her. Mimi, Boo Boo, Megs, Turner, Daddy, and I were all there to watch and I think she was just ready to go home and go to bed! She looked cute though:)

That brings us to today. So much of the week was focused on Maddie, I decided to take little man for a haircut today. Kevin has been taking him to a barber shop and so today we took him to see Margaret, who does Maddie's and my hair. Turner shook and cried the ENTIRE time. It was awful. Maddie stood by him the whole time trying to cheer him up but it just wasn't happening. We get his hair cut all the time and I had no idea it would be this traumatic for him. Maddie doesn't like shots, Turner doesn't like scissors! He looks super cute, so hopefully next time will be a little easier. After that I took the kids to Burger King to eat and play and then we went home for nap and Toy Story 2.

We don't have any plans for the weekend and I am hoping to just take it easy and maybe start going through the closets. I am always ready for the seasons to change, but do not look forward to switching out everyone's closets! We'll see how much I get done. Here are some pics from the week!
I forgot to mention that Monday was Meg's birthday as well!! So last Saturday while the kids were gone, Davids planned a surprise dinner for her at Shogun's. The family also got together for pizza on Monday while I was at work. I didn't get any pictures but I know Meg's had a good weekend. We love you and hope you had a special day!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment