Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Little bit of Randomness!

It is Thursday night and I am in the den on Kevin's laptop. We got wireless internet for Christmas and I love being able to get on the laptop downstairs. The only downside is I can't download pictures to Kevin's work computer so I decided to just write a few things! We had our second snow today and they just closed Shelby County schools for tomorrow-Yay!!!! We are going to Savannah tomorrow so we will be able to leave earlier than planned, hopefully during Turner's naptime:) Monday was Brayden's birthday so we are planning on going to Chuck E Cheese Saturday to celebrate his special day!

I took Maddie back to the doctor yesterday because of her skin issues (warts). We have been dealing with this for about six months and after one getting grossly infected I think we are on our way to getting the issue resolved-thank goodness!!! Poor thing has had to deal with the oddest things.

We are planning a trip to Disney World in November and I am having so much fun figuring everything out. We are all so excited and are constantly looking at pictures of everything. We have a long time to wait, but it is such a big trip. I want the kids to be able to do everything appropriate for their ages and there are so many decisions to be made! This will be my first time to go and absolutely can't wait!

I have found several sites on Facebook that sale monogrammed/smocked children's clothing and have been picking up a few things for the kids for the spring and summer. I am a bit of a clothes horse and love buying them new things! Fun Fun!

Turner's 2nd birthday is around the corner and I have been busy getting that together. We are having it at our itty bitty house so are trying to keep it small. Since our little man is a chef in the making, we are having a cooking party. I need to start cleaning now to get ready for it, but I know he will have a blast. Another one of Turner's favorite things is Barney, who just so happens to be coming to the Cannon Center the week after his birthday. Mimi and Boo Boo bought us tickets so we will be ending his birthday week by taking the kids to see him. This will be his first live show and I hope he is old enough to sit through it. Should be interesting!

Kevin and I both have signed up for different Bible Studies to do at Church that will be starting in the next few weeks. We have started going to Church on Wednesday nights as well, since Maddie has choir practice and Mission Friends. My prayer is that this year we focus more on being Godly parents and teaching our children about his grace and love. Turner was not wanting to go to bed tonight and kept wanting me to hold him instead of putting him in his bed. I was hugging him while he was standing up in his crib and started praying with him. He became so calm and told me "again" three times. They are never too young to learn about Jesus and though Maddie and I talk about him all the time, Turner and I have not been. Tonight that is all about to change. Our little boy is growing up way too fast and already understands way more than I was giving him credit. When we pray before meals instead of folding his hands, he puts them up to his face and will shout out a big "Amen" at the end. I love these children so much and am so proud of them and proud of all the christian influences that surround them daily.

I have been rambling long enough. I am going to promise again (for the tenth time) to take my camera this weekend and I will post pics when we get back. Saturday is Bubba's (David's) birthday and we plan on going over there Sunday when we get back. Lots of fun things going on this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment