Monday, November 22, 2010

One Little Indian...




Today was Maddie's Thanksgiving Feast at school. I took the day off so that I could get her ready and help out at the school. I made my first ever homeade apple pie! It smelled delicious but I didn't get any, so am not sure on how it tasted:) Maddie was an Indian and looked super cute when I dropped her off. When I went back to help with the lunch, she had taken everything Indian like off, so you couldn't even tell we had participated-oh well!

I am not very creative and when I heard she had to dress as either an indian or pilgrim, I went into slight panic mode. Well thanks to Ney Ney, Facebook, and Family, Maddie was cute as a button today. I was given tons of suggestions, offers of outfits to borrow, and a fantastic Ney Ney that turned Thursday into craft day and the kids made their own Indian vests out of a brown paper sack. Maddie wore her vest with a feather band and I did manage to put her hair into 2 braids.

I loved being able to help out with another mom preparing their food. Maddie was upset when I had to leave, but lit up when I arrived. She had a good day and I love being her mommy!!! It was a fantastic day to take off and after the party I hit the stores and got all of their shopping done!!! Mimi was kind enough to pick Maddie up from school so I could wait till Kevin got home to put all of their gifts away. Now if I can just get through 2 days off work we will be off to Savannah to spend the Thanksgiving Holiday. I am determined to take my camera this trip and will have lots of pictures to post afterward!

No comments:

Post a Comment