Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wilkes Update

Wow, a lot has happened since I last posted. A LOT! I will post pics and tell more later, but I just wanted to remain in the blog world and give a little update. The kids are doing great, minus an ear infection for Turner, which resulted in an all night visit to the ER. He is now crawling, sitting up like a pro, has two teeth, and can pull himself up and walk across the couch. That is a lot of accomplishments since I posted last. Maddie is her adorable, bossy, almost 3 self, who is very much my "little helper". They have been juggled around a lot these past two weeks, but have handled it well and mommy is ready to get back in her routine!
Now for the crazy stuff! In two weeks Kevin has suffered through the flu, my grandmother was put on hospice and passed away, my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer, my dear friend developed some health issues of her own, Karsey's new parents told us they couldn't keep her any longer, and today, my parents, sister and David were in a wreck that might have totalled my mom's car. WOW! How's that for a fun few weeks. But, we have had amazing help from Nonna, such supportive family and friends, and we all know that God is watching over us and is going to take care of us all!!! So....with all the bad times, we know good times are right around the corner and are ready (one is Kevin's 30th birthday on Friday:) Dad will have surgery and might be minus a prostate, but as he has said, will still have all his hair!!
So, I will post some pics soon, as I do have a cute video of the kids, and we did have a relaxing weekend in Savannah. Turner did get a fever Saturday night, but is on the mend. I hope everyone has a stress and drama free week, as I think we have had enough for everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment