Sunday, August 9, 2015

Build A Bear, Yes I Lost my Mind!

I like to think that I try and save money.  I coupon pretty regularly, try to buy on sale, etc.  I also know that my love language is gifts....I like to give as much as I like to receive:)  I really like surprising the kids with happies and it always makes me happy as well.  I realize this probably contributes to their bratty level, and they probably don't appreciate things as they should.  So I am going to work on this....after this post obviously.
  Last Monday I decided to take the kids to Build a Bear.  It was the last week of summer, I had a coupon, they had money, and they all love stuffed animals.  Would you believe on the way to the mall I got a call with the results from my genetic testing.  I probably should have have just gone home, but we didnt.  I actually got good news- don't carry the brca gene which is great news for my kiddos and means I am not a higher risk for ovarian cancer.  So I won't have to have a hysterectomy.  Great news!!!
  She just didn't seem that excited on the other end of the line.....turns out they did find a mutation that puts me at a higher risk for colon cancer.  Fun times right?  Let me say it really just increases my risk about 10% and after thinking about it, it isn't that big of a deal.  God has the final say anyway right?  But as we were pulling into the mall, I was feeling defeated.  I mean I already have breast cancer, why are we even going to talk about colon cancer today.
  So I did what most mom's would do I am sure.  I marched into Build a Bear and watched my kids pick out their animals, then their clothes, then $142 later with the coupon......not my wisest shopping trip.  But the kids had a lot of fun, it got my mind off colon cancer, and I probably won't do that again;)
  This hasn't been the summer of our dreams, and although the kids have still done PLENTY, I have felt a bit sorry for them.  Or maybe for myself.  But either way, they have new stuffed animals and we enjoyed our outing.  Hate summer is coming to an end, but I think the routine will be good for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment