Thursday, December 18, 2014

Flu...Boo!

I have a few other things to blog about, but today it will be the flu.  Yesterday, it was pink eye.  This is proving to be the 2nd year we end with a bang.  Harper has pink eye, but fortunately it doesn't appear to be bothering her.  I am hoping no one else gets it.
  Last night Maddie kept saying she was tired and when we got home from church was running a low grade fever.  This morning that thermometer just kept reading higher and higher.  She missed pj day at school and was quite upset at first.  She has flu type A and hasn't gotten out of the bed.  I think she now sees there is no way she could have gone to school.
  Harper received the flu shot yesterday...she didn't shed a SINGLE TEAR.  Maddie had her nose swabbed today....you would have thought someone was beating her.  Turner is mad everyone is sick and gets to stay at home while he is forced to go to school:)  The differences in these kids is amazing and so interesting to see.  A little of me, a little of their dad, and then their own personalities all rolled into 3 very different, but so precious to us kiddos.
  Maddie is going to be holed up in her room over the next few days while Kev and I take turns taking care of her.  I have sprayed so much lysol in this house I can hardly breathe.  We are all taking Tami flu with the hope that nobody else will get it.  Today would have been my last day of work before break.  After MDO'S program tonight I will have the next 2 weeks to just focus on the kids and get everyone well.  I hate the week before Christmas we have some down.  The upside.... I wasn't going to get a paycheck anyway so our budget isn't being affected. 
  Praying Maddie is back to herself soon and hopefully my next post will be a little more fun.  We still have some things we would like to squeeze in before Christmas:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment