Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Start of Fall!

My favorite time of year is here.  We love this time of year and all the activities that come with it.  We had a full weekend and I am just lumping it all in one post.  Picture overload ahead!
  We celebrated Kevin on Thursday...for five minutes before he left for school.  That was the only time M and T saw him:(  Harper and I did deliver a Java Chiller to him during 2nd period on our way to school.  He was surprised and happy we stopped by.  The kids made him birthday cards and Maddie's was hilarious.  You never know what you are going to get with them.  Kev turned 35 and we have been together since he was 18.  Crazy, and I love him more every year.  Thankful God allowed me to call him mine:)
  Friday night the kids and I headed to the football game to cheer on daddy and the panthers.  It was Oak night so there were lots of friends there.  The kids stood on the field as the players entered.  It was fun and I love being more involved this season.  It is a great time being able to sit on the field and letting the kids just run around.
  Saturday was crazy busy and I was tired by the end of the day.  Maddie had gymnastics all morning and then I took the big kids to the Bartlett Festival.  Trey turned 8 and had a get together there.  The kids rode rides and had their faces painted.  It was a good hot time:)  Trey met Maddie when she was first born in the hospital and they have been buddies ever since.  I pray they are always friends and love watching them grow up together.
  That night we all headed to Somerville for Kelly and Tim's annual fall party.  The kids fished with daddy, we ate, and went on a hayride. Harper and Aubry played together and the big kids ran wild.  Kelly and her mom always outdo themselves preparing for this and we always have a great time.  She is another forever friend and I am so thankful for her.  We came home, made the kids shower, and went straight to bed.
  Looking ahead, October has lots of things in store.  This season has us often going in many different directions.  I love nothing more than our outings as family of 5 and there are good times ahead for the Wilkes family.  So thankful for my little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment