Saturday, August 9, 2014

Why I Blog

I have been slacking lately in my posts.  Some due to time and some due to frustration in getting them published.  I thought about just calling it quits.  Then I remembered why I do it in the first place.
*My kids.  The main reason I do most things.  I have 3 baby books.  One is almost completely filled out.  One is lost and has been searched for a million times with no luck of finding it.  One is completely blank minus about two pages..they are listed the order I got them.  This blog makes me feel a little less guilty about that.  Because everything is documented here and they will always have this blog.
*Our family, especially those in Savannah.  I know many dont read this blog I spend hours of my time publishing.  But when they do, they see us and know what is going on.  It is great keeping family up to date this way.
*My memory stinks.  If it happened 5 minutes ago, I probably have already forgotten it.  Remembering when Harper got her first tooth....couldn't tell you off the top of my head.  But I can look on here and find out:)
*Memories.  They are priceless.  We went to school with a family who lost their entire home a few days ago to a fire.  Thankfully, they werent home and are safe.  Unfortunately, they lost their pictures, keepsakes, and many things that cant be replaced.  I cant imagine.  This blog preserves our memories should tragedy like that ever happen to us.
  All this to say...I love my little blog.  It shows the good, better, bad, and ugly that occurs in the Wilkes house.  I share our triumphs and struggles on here.  I think I will continue to do just that.  I love my family and feel like I owe them this.  Now I am just praying this will actually post.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment