Sunday, January 12, 2014

Shopping with Their Money!

I am behind...hoping that doesn't happen a lot this year.  It is so hard to catch up and so important to me that I document our memories for the kiddos.  Anyway....after our Savannah trip the kids were wanting to spend some of their money.  We had spent so much of our break in the house I thought it was a great idea.
  Maddie, Turner, and I headed to the mall with plans to visit the Disney Store and Build a Bear.  They don't play with a whole lot of toys, but they both love stuffed animals.  I don't see how they fit in their beds with all of them!    This experience showed me how different they both are.  Maddie did not want to spend a lot of money and kept most of her money at home.  Turner didn't care and brought it all.  I know some of this could be there age as well.
  We go to the Disney store and Turner heads straight to a talking Scilly.  Price didn't matter, that is what he wanted.  Maddie wanted a stuffed animal, but was looking for the cheapest one she could find.  She didn't care what stuffed animal.  I finally found a sale section and talked her into the dog from Lady and the Tramp.  She has never seen the movie, but it was only $9.99:)
  Next stop was Build a Bear.  Again Maddie was looking at prices and Turner looked at all of them before selecting a rabbit.  Maddie did get a rainbow bear that was cute but nothing else.  Turner then bought jammies,  shorts, a shirt, and shoes for his rabbit.  It was fun!!  I actually was able to go in a store for myself and they did great.  They are really growing up and I enjoyed our mall outing.
  We then got pretzels and lemonade before heading home.  It was a great afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment