Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Births, Birthdays, and Breast Cancer

Last week was one for the books.  In a 24 hour period my sister had Austin, Boo Boo had a birthday, and my mom was diagnosed with Breast cancer...that is a lot.  I can't imagine going through any of those events as a nonbeliever and love that we praise God for baby Austin, praise God for giving Boo Boo another year, and are praising God for Mimi and have hope, peace, and an abundant amount of prayers going up on my mom's behalf.  Wow! 
  We have dealt with cancer before, a few short years ago when dad had prostrate cancer.  That time we found out about cancer before my grandmothers funeral.  Fortunately,  Dad was able to have it removed, fully recovered, and hasn't had a problem since.  I hate cancer.   I know so many families that have been affected by it, and it is hard to watch.
  I started writing this post before my mom saw the surgeon,  unsure of what they were going to say.  Wednesday we found out it is Stage 1, Mimi will have a Lumpectomy,  and 6 weeks of radiation.   Our prayers are being answered and this was the best possible scenario!  I am inspired by my mom, who is always so positive and is one of the most faithful people I know.  Her prayer is to use this as an opportunity to witness to others and for people to see Jesus in her.  I know that I do and am so thankful for my parents and everything they have taught me.  Never knew I would still be learning so much from them at 34.
  My prayer is that next Friday will go smoothly and that cancer won't be found anywhere else.  I pray that my mom has an easy recovery.  I am really praying that she will let us support her instead of trying to protect us.  I am so thankful for the many friends and family that have prayed with and for us this past week.  They are being answered and I stand in awe.  Our God is good and he loves my mom even more than any of us do.
  I will do another post with pics of precious baby Austin.  They are doing well and he is already so loved.  I knew I had to get thos post done before I got too behind.  As always, there is lot going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment