Monday, August 19, 2013

Making H's Baby Food Myself

In an effort to save money, and because I love to cook, I decided to make H's baby food instead of buying it.  So far, it is proving to be super easy and inexpensive.  I have been looking up recipes online and started with acorn squash.  I followed the tutorial on www.seevanessacraft.com and love using the ice cube trays.  I have enough squash in the freezer for probably 10 feedings.
  Harper had her first serving last night.  She wasn't super smiley, but she sure didnt turn a bite down:)  This morning I made sweet potatoes and probably have enough of them for 15 feedings.  After we get through these, I am going to make a few green veggies.  Some sites say you can freeze the food for 6-8 months amd some say only 3.  I figure if I get a 3 month supply, I will be doing well.  After all, we only have about 7 months of baby food anyway:(  Slow down time!!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you!! I wish I had made Brooklyn's. and she looks just like Kevin in that picture!!

    ReplyDelete