Friday, August 9, 2013

First Week of First Grade!

We have almost finished Maddie's first week of first grade!!!  It is taking us a minute to get back in a morning routine but I think we are going to have a great year.  Turner, Harper, and I walked Maddie to her room the first two days, but she has been on her own since then.

Her teacher seems great and she has several friends in her class.  I think it is going to be a busy year!  She is supposed to read every night, which I think she enjoys doing!  We read to the kids before bed and this week she has asked to read the last few pages of the book each night.  One of their favorite books has always been "My Lucky Day" and she reads it easily.  I am so proud of her and her reading and hope she continues to enjoy it.  I know she will also have spelling test each week, and other homework as well. 

We are amazed it is already time for first grade, but are looking forward to the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment