Friday, June 7, 2013

Shelby Farms Park!!

Yesterday I took Maddie, Turner, and Aubry to the park.  Mary and Trey went with us and Maddie had a few learning experiences while we were there!

  The park is divided into 4 different play areas.   Turner was only interested in the first one which is sand and water.  Trey and Maddie really liked the last one which is a ropes course.  Mary spent a lot of time with the older two and I had Ted and Aubry.  Aubry did great at the park!!  She just toddled around and enjoyed seeing everything.

  Maddie ended up going to the ropes one without asking us and it took a minute to find her.  Keeping up with four kiddos is tough and obviously I didn't do a great job.  I was freaking out, sure that someone had grabbed her!   Mary calmly started walking around and we found her.  I had to explain to her why she couldn't do that.

  Fifteen minutes later.....she was almost hit by a car!!!  We were leaving and I told Maddie and Turner to stay on the sidewalk till I got up to them.  I think I said it a few times.  Maddie chose not to listen as a car was whipping into the spot next to my van.  I got some ugly looks from the people in that car.  It always makes me laugh....the way people judge you so harshly.  The evil eye lasted until they were out of eyesight.  I even had told them I was sorry.  Like I really want my daughter to be run over by a car.  That could be a post for another day!!

  Needless to say, we went straight home from there.  Maddie was wanting to say hey to Karsey but her behavior put an end to that thought.  Always a fun time with Mary and Trey...hopefully next time will be less eventful:)

No comments:

Post a Comment