Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Father's Day 2012!

  I can't believe I almost forgot to do this post!!  We normally spend Father's Day celebrating Kevin, and my daddy with the whole family.  Well, this year Megs and David were in the hospital with Aubry and Boo Boo was sick.  But I think we still managed to make it pretty special for the Daddy of this house!  He awoke to kids throwing cards in his face and opened one of his presents in bed.  We had bought him some new swimming trunks and shirts. Once we got him out of the bed I showed him his surprise in the kitchen!!  I had found a Mr. Coffee maker (makes the one cup like the Keurig) on clearance at Kroger for $45 about a month ago.  It was a great deal and I had so much fun shopping around and buying different flavors of coffee to try.  I will admit it......I am going to enjoy this present just as much as Kev will!!!!  But it is something that we would never just go out and buy, and I think he was pretty excited to have it as well.
  After church, Kev let the kids pick a place a to eat.  So, of course we headed to none other than Stevie B's:)  That is just another reason why he deserves to be honored on Father's Day.  He definitely puts the kiddos way above himself and will do and does everything for them.  We love him more than the sky and I hope Maddie and Turner will know and appreciate one day just how blessed they are to have Kevin as their Daddy!!
  I am also blessed beyond words to have my Daddy and the Father in law that I do.  I can't say enough great things about them and hate we weren't able to celebrate with them that day.  We gave Boo Boo his surprise a few days ago--a Bike!!!!  He has to get totally well before he can begin riding it, but we hope that he enjoys it.  We will give Da his gift this weekend. 


  It was a good day, and I am so thankful for all the male role models that are in my life and Maddie and Turner's.  God is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment