Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Little Bit of Deliciousness!!!




I probably bake two or three different yummy treats every week. I have gotten a ton of new recipes to try from Pinterest and have had so much fun. I am going to try and start documenting some of them on here (especially the favorites) so I can remember everything that have made. Some recent faves have been rolo cookies, oreo bars, and there are todays treat--Cake Box Sandwich Cookies!!! I found the idea on pinterest and you can go to www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com for the recipe. So so simple and you can use a ton of variations! For mine, I used a German Chocolate cake mix (mainly because I had several in my pantry that I bought on clearance for 65 cents each a while back:) I thought a caramel frosting would taste good in the middle, so after finding a ton of recipes on the internet to choose from, I found one that I already had all the ingredients:) Caramel frosting=really really good. The recipe I used is from www.cdkitchen.com and it is called One-Minute Caramel Frosting. Here is how you make it:

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


DIRECTIONS:

In a large cast-iron skillet, bring sugars, milk and butter to a boil over high heat. Boil for 1 minute.

Remove from heat. Pour into a heat-safe mixing bowl. Carefully beat with an electric mixer at high speed until icing reaches spreading consistency, about 15 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Spread on cooled cake.

Frosts 2 (8-inch) round cake layers or one bundt cake.

(or use for Cake Box Sandwich Cookies)


That was our sweetness for today! We also went to the park, ate lunch at McAlister with my parents, and played in the backyard ALL afternoon. We had two dirty kids that had to get in the bath as soon as they hit the door:) We are Loving this weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment