Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter Crafts!!!








We are always crafting, and we really enjoy doing them for the holidays.  David was so sweet and had bought the kids a cookie decorating kit for when we came home from the hospital.  So while we were getting Harper and everything situated they were able to decorate cookies.  It was great and made them feel special as well.  I am great at worrying, and I just don't want anyone to ever feel slighted, left out, not loved, the list goes on and on.....
  Yesterday we made Birds Nests.  We made these last year and the kids love making and eating them:)  We normally give them to teachers as little happy's, but I might have made them a little early this year.  We had fun and included Harper in the pictures at the end.  We also had plans on making eggs where you wrap colored string around a balloon.  You dip the string in sugar water and once it dries you pop the balloon.  My mom used to make them and I have seen lots on pinterest that turned out so cute.  Turner and I tried to make one while Maddie was in school......didn't turn out that great.  In fact-my sugar water egg ended up being used to figure out where all the ants were coming from in our bathroom:)  Kevin said sugar attracts them and he was right.  Problem solved!  So while the craft was a complete fail, it did help us out in other ways!
  Mimi doesn't know it yet, but last year we made really cute Easter basket cupcakes at her house.  I am hoping we can do that again this year.  Since Easter is next week, I probably need to call and ask her about that.  I think I will now:)  More posts to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment