Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We'll always love you Karsey!




Well, today was the day. Kevin and Maddie took Karsey to her new home this afternoon. She is going to live with a family in our neighborhood that has a daughter Maddie's age, and a Golden Retriever. They are trying it for a week, and will hopefully decide to keep her. Karsey seemed comfortable enough there and didn't seem to mind when Kevin and Maddie left. I keep looking around for her. I took up her food bowl and mat and feel like the kitchen is 3 times bigger than it was yesterday. I can't imagine going to sleep tonight without her keeping my legs warm:( I will never forget the day I brought her home. I was doing probation at the time and one of my kid's dogs had puppies. They were the cutest things and I just had to have one. During work, one of my coworkers/friends and I just went and picked her up. I bought a crate and the essentials at Walmart and she spend the rest of the day at work with me. I called Kevin and was laughing and he somehow guessed that I had gotten a dog. He was kind of mad because I couldn't even have pets at my apartment and he figured she would be staying with him most of the time. We he was right, but he also fell in love with her as soon as he saw her. She was so little and playful. I remember when she was a puppy she would fall asleep across my neck. She was easily housebroken and has been loved since that first night.


I moved back home for nine months before we got married to get a job and start saving money. Karsey stayed in Martin with her daddy and I looked forward to seeing her on the weekends just as much as seeing Kevin. When we got married, there was a picture of Karsey framed at our reception that said "My mommy and daddy are getting married". It now sits in our gameroom. She loves going to the park, chasing squirrels, catching frisbees, and playing with Maddie. She loves any kind of food, and several times got into chocolate, which we then had to give her peroxide to make her throw it up. She has lived in several apartments with Kevin, our apartment when we were first married, and lastly the house that we are in now. She loves people, and acts like a crazy dog when someone first comes over. She was our first baby, and I am so sad that she had to go. I could list a million memories that we have with her, but this is just too hard.


It has taken me two days to write all this and I have talked to Jana several times since she left. She seems to get along with their dog Cody and is also enjoying their daughter Ryan. She slept in her bed last night in the little girl's room. I pray that they grow to love her like we do and that she is happy. For those that don't have pets, this all probably seems really silly. But to me, I feel like part of us is gone, and I hope it doesn't take to long to adjust without her here. Maddie has asked a few times today where Karsey is, but she has accepted the answer and just goes about her business. Oh, I wish I had the adjustability of my two year old (I don't know if that is even a word:) So.....Karsey, we love you, we wish you could still be here, we hope that you are happy, and you have given us 6 years of wonderful memories!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment